Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wheeee!


Hollywood Studios was the plan for the day and the weather, while hot, was much better than yesterday as we only had a brief shower late in the afternoon. We started the day grabbing FastPasses for Toy Story Midway Mania and then checked out the Jack Sparrow interactive experience. This was not fantastic, but there was a hologram of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow and he was funny...and the whole thing was only 8 minutes, as the hologram himself pointed out. We then went on The Great Movie Ride and then headed over to try out Star Tours. This was the ride that during our first trip to Disney Maury declared "Bad!". It's a space flight simulator and since the first time we rode it, they have since updated it and added fifty different "missions". So, you could ride several times in a day and you should get different experiences each time. It was a lot of fun and Maury didn't declare it "Bad!" this time.

Muppet Vision 3D was right around the corner, so we hit that after Star Tours. I think poor Steve's equilibrium had had enough after two 3D things in a row, so we took it easy for a bit, strolling back across the park to pick up two FastPasses for the Rock n' Roller Coaster. While I did that, the kids and Steve checked out the event merchandise tent, Darth's Mall (get it...Darth Maul/Mall...Star Wars' Weekend...ha ha). We then took in the Indian Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and thought we would get some lunch after. I think everyone in the park had that idea and we ended up snacking instead of sitting down at Pizza Planet like we usually do.

Barbara and Herb arrived in the park as we were finishing up a little sitting on a bench on the Streets of America and we split up for a bit. Steve, Lizzie and I headed to the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and Barb and Herb took Maury to try to ride stand by on Toy Story. They found a wait time of over two hours and ended up back in the stunt show. I LOVE THE STUNT SHOW! BAM!


It was finally time for our FastPass on Toy Story Midway Mania. Barb and Herb had never been on, so we insisted that they go with the kids while we waited. They loved it! Right after that, it was time for two of us to go on Rock 'n Roller Coaster. Lizzie, fresh off the adrenaline rush of Toy Story said she wanted to go with me. I was thrilled to have her try it. I think this is the the best coaster in Disney. As soon as the doors opened for us to go into the room where they load the coaster, the coaster waiting to go next shot off at ninety to nothing right before our eyes. (That is one of the cool things about this ride. No slow starts...it just blasts off as you ride in a stretch limo looking coaster with Aerosmith music blaring.) Lizzie flipped out and claimed she wasn't getting on. She calmed down and did ride with me...with her eyes tightly shut, as you see below. She did claim it was great...other than that loop.


Steve and I had never been on the Tower of Terror and the wait time didn't look too bad. Barbara, he and I got in line and Herb took the kids window shopping. I do feel bad because we were gone longer than I had thought, but my goodness, the ride was so fun. I could hear Barb and Steve laughing as hard as I was in the seats next to me.


Our family of four called it a day then and Barb and Herb stayed for a bit longer. The kids really want to have a day at the pool, but we talked them into trying a half day at Epcot tomorrow. With Soarin' and Test Track, it was a pretty easy sell.

Labels: