How many items did you say?
Yesterday was a pretty laid back day...I actually wish we had done more for the kids' sake. We went to the beach in the morning. Steve took each of the kids out to try the new body boards. Maury made it out in the water to about waist deep before deciding it was too cold to stay out there (it did seem colder than the day before). Lizzie made it about ankle deep before deciding that she was afraid of jelly fish (she had seen one that washed up during high tide just a few minutes before). Steve stayed out there by himself for a little while, but the waves were pretty low and were breaking at a point where he was in about knee deep water. Oh well.
The office called around 10:15 to tell us that our new room was available. We got moved into our new place and then decided to take the kids down to the pool for a while and then go grab a late lunch.
We went to The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood, a giant seafood buffet. 170 items. Wowzers. I spent a lot of time cracking snow crab legs and stone crab claws. Yum. I am pretty sure I got my money's worth out of it. The restaurant was really big and they had a large outside porch with rockers for waiting. I guess it gets super busy at night. We were there right around 3, which is just 1/2 an hour after they open. They were pretty busy then, probably due to the coupon for $4 off each adult buffet that was on the pamphlet between 2:30 and 3:30. I think that is their way of spacing out their crowds and it seemed to be working.
After that, we really didn't do anything. Steve went to get his hair cut and came back with another pizza we could cook in the room. We watched a movie and ate pizza and called it a day.
Labels: myrtle beach