Magic Kingdom

It felt like the entire population of Orlando decided to celebrate St. Patrick's Day at the Magic Kingdom when we pulled into the parking lot this morning. Wow. It was packed out. But, once we made it into the park itself, it didn't seem unmanageable. It's amazing how many people the Magic Kingdom can hold and how incredibly well Disney can manage crowds. They really are the best at it (and we've seen others this week).
We headed to Tomorrowland first off because our favorite things are there: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. We also tried out the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover (Maury really liked this ride through Tomorrowland) and Stitch's Great Escape (yawn). Before we left the area, I picked up a FastPass for Space Mountain, which I've never ridden before.
We treked up to Fantasyland and rode the Mad Tea Party, another ride we hadn't ridden before. The kids loved it. I liked it. Steve had to sit down for a minute after.

We grabbed a snack and then went to Mickey's PhilharMagic. This is, in my opinion, the best of the 3D movies at any of the Disney parks...not scary, just charming and fun.
Moving on to Adventureland, we rode the Magic Carpets of Aladdin and toured the Swiss Family Treehouse. We picked up a late lunch and watched the parade (another first for us...seeing the afternoon Magic Kingdom parade).
We rode the Liberty Belle Ferry around Tom Sawyer Island, grabbed some soft serve ice cream from Aloha Isle, and then got our Jungle Cruise on. I love that silly ride. The non-stop barrage of stupid jokes from the driver makes me laugh the whole ride through. ("Did anyone wake up today and say to themselves, 'Jungle Cruise! Gotta do that today!'...I did.")

It was then Space Mountain time. Must say...would have been irritated if I had stood in line for the 110 minute stand by time for that. As it was, now I just know that I don't need to do that one again. Not fast enough, steep enough or at all fun enough for the wait...even with a FastPass. It was dark and that's about all I can say for it. Hoping for a better ride tomorrow at Hollywood Studios on the Rock n' Roller Coaster.
We took the ferry home and enjoyed some time at the resort's pool again. Can't believe this vacation is almost over...just one more park to go!
Labels: disney