Magically hot
We started the day (all six of us) heading to Magic Kingdom as close as possible to opening. Barb and Herb headed to Tomorrowland to do some of the things that we had done the other day. The four of us got on the train and went to Frontierland to get FastPasses for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and then got in line for the Jungle Cruise in Adventureland. ONE HOUR later we rode. I will never stand in line for that ride again...not after witnessing the ridiculous ratio of FastPass to standby riders that they let on our boat (26/7). But, the Jungle Cruise was fun and full of bad jokes. They are supposedly refurbishing it later this year, so next time we come (in cooler weather) it may be really different.Then all four of us got on Big Thunder Mountain. Maury didn't want to go but he had fun and even said it didn't go fast enough. (It really doesn't.)
We headed to Fantasyland to meet Barb and Herb and to get FastPasses for the new Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid. While we waited for those FastPasses to be usable, we looked into eating at the new restaurant, Be Our Guest. Forty-five minutes of standing in line for that one led us to The Pinocchio Haus for pizza, a fine substitution although I really wanted to see the dining rooms at Be Our Guest. The Little Mermaid ride was cute, but definitely aimed, like most of Magic Kingdom, at younger audiences.
We had promised Maury he could go check out the Swiss Family Treehouse (he loves that for some reason) since he rode Big Thunder Mountain. While he did that, I got in line for Dole Whips. Dole Whips are soft serve ice creams in vanilla, orange or pineapple flavors. Everyone tried a swirl of some sort except Lizzie who just stuck with vanilla and Maury and I got a float on pineapple juice. Yum.
We then went to Pirates of the Carribbean. I have distinct memories of our first trip to Disney when we took both kids on and Lizzie getting scared and telling me most of the way through, "I told you I was too little for this!" No problem this time, I am happy to report.
Sweaty and hot, we headed out. It was already after 3 and we had been there since a little after 9. You just can't get much done in the summer. Too many people.
Steve and I had dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh in Epcot's World Showcase (Morocco). We were seated right by two men playing instruments and eventually a belly dancer came out. I wish you could have seen the 30 something dad on the other side of the dance floor from us watching her. He really should have closed his mouth while staring.
Labels: disney


