Monday, March 14, 2011

Animal Kingdom

Today was a wild day at Animal Kingdom. We got in, Steve went to pick up FastPasses to Expedition Everest and Lizzie and I went to see It's Tough to Be a Bug. We met up in DinoLand at the Boneyard play area and after that the kids wanted to have caricatures done. They are great! Maury is a Yeti in his and Lizzie is a mermaid in hers. Can't wait to frame them and hang them at home. The artists were really fantastic...I wish I could do what they did!

When it was time for Expedition Everest, I was just sure Lizzie would love it. She didn't...it has lots of dark places in it and in some of those the car is moving backwards. She was pretty scared by the whole thing. Someone had handed Steve two FastPasses for the ride, so two of us had the ability to ride again right after. Lizzie was definitely a no, Steve is not a huge coaster fan...Maury went with me! He said it was better the second time. Yay, Maury Man!
Like the hat? Maury had to have this Yeti hat. I love how it works with the Justin Beiber style sunglasses.
We then took in Festival of the Lion King while we waited for our next FastPass time on Kali River Rapids. That ride didn't play fair...with a big plume of water that wet half the raft before we even cranked up the hill, we were all pretty wet when we got off...but it was fun. Then we staked out a spot for Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade and then followed it to the front of the park to call it a day. We didn't make the Kilimanjaro Safari this time, but we were all pretty pooped (and wet) and just wanted to get back to the resort to relax.
Lizzie wanted to make her own fashion statement with some zebra print mouse ears. Cute!


Labels: