Mourning

We lost Izzy on the 31st after a week or more of him not eating. I'm finding out that, even though he wasn't an active cat for the last several years, he was a big part of my life. Every time I turn around, it seems, I think of him. I look for him when I get up in the morning. I run through my mind whether I need litter or food when I'm getting ready to shop. I make sure the kitchen door gets closed quickly so he won't get out. It just goes on and on.

I'm so sad to have lost my buddy. I worry that I let him linger too long, but yet I'm sad that I didn't quite make it to be with him when he drew his last breath. Steve and the kids were with him, thank God, but I didn't get to the vet until he was gone. I wanted to hold him and tell him how much I loved him one last time.
(I'm reposting this from my other blog, Amazing Myself, because I want this documented here, but am still not up for writing about this again. Cutting and pasting is about all I can handle.)
Labels: izzy